View all jobs
Program Manager Tech 4San Antonio, TX · Computer/Software
WaferWire is looking for Program Manager Tech 4 for a client in San Antonio, TX
Role: Program Manager Tech 4
As a successful Americas Field Operations Transition Program Manager your performance objectives will include:
- Act as the Single Point of contact for engineering, construction, and commissioning teams, to transition new data center to the Operations team.
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of all activities necessary for the transition of new data center to the Operations team.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders throughout a project life cycle from site selection to the project close out
- Maintain communication and collaboration during all phases of a new data center build.
- Coordinate all construction related activities which may infringe on any part of a live data center.
- Attend the design review meetings to highlight operational concerns.
- Support engineering team in facilitating inquiries that require input from Operations.
- Share lessons learned that have been captured for consideration/mitigation.
- Identify equipment quality issues and hold responsible parties accountable for remediation.
- Support onboarding of the Operations teams for new greenfield sites.
- Build functional knowledge of the site through attendance at key phases of the project. Gain in-depth knowledge of the site, and documents risk register.
- Support site mobilization including procuring spares, tools, and consumables.
- Perform site acceptance through CSA walks, beneficial use, and turnover walks.
- Engage with 3rd party maintenance suppliers for contract/agreement set-up.
- Conduct review of turnover documentations such as O&M’s, as built & record drawings, permits, certificates, and warranty documents.
- Participate in turnover issue meetings and provide input on impact to Operations if accepted
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related work experience
- 10+ years of working experience in mission critical facilities and infrastructures
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a similar Transition Program Manager role
- 5+ Years’ experience in a 24x7x365 production environment or related experience
- 3+ Year experience in datacenter design, construction, commissioning and onboarding processes or related experience
- At least three years’ experience working with collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, MS Teams etc.)
- At least two years’ experience with reporting and data analytics systems & platforms (e.g. PowerBI)
- Strong working knowledge of physical data center infrastructure and technology
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by business needs
- Knowledge of design, construction and commissioning techniques, terminology, and documentation
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
- Ability to initiate, drive and delivery projects, analyze complex problems and communicate plans and findings to internal customers/stakeholders