WaferWire is looking for UI/Visual Designer for Content services
for a client in Redmond, WA
Role: UI/Visual System Designer for Content Services
The Team is working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
We have several design teams working on a variety of Bing segments. We are in need of a UI/Visual designer to support one of them, Learning Marketplace. This candidate must have strong visual design skills. They would be reporting to the Shopping &Voice lead and working closely with the team designers. Performs some aspects of the following work: Design "look and feel" of features across desktop, mobile and tablet. Development of visual design concepts referencing our visual system guidelines and reviewing those with the visual system designers (who oversee brand, typography, color, icons, common controls). May implement or design prototypes and assist with presentations. May cross-collaborate with other design teams working on shared ideas.
- 3-5 years of visual UI design/Graphic design for web and work related experience required.
- Must have strong UI visual design for website/mobile apps.
- Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of standard design principles: color, typography, layout, brand.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under constant deadline constraints.
- Must have the ability to understand technology issues and communicate information effectively.
- Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies and standard design software packages (i.e. Figma)
- Portfolio for a review with design lead.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, or related program. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.