WaferWire is looking for Data Migration Specialist for a client in Arlington, Virginia
Role: Data Migration Specialist
We currently have an opening for a Data Migration Specialist who will develop data migration plans and execute data migration tasks in support of the implementation of our products.
Our products are mobile and browser-based CRM applications that are built on top of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and are central to our customer’s business operations – including customer communication, payment processing, and event management. Data Migration Specialists at work with our customers to understand their business and how their source data is structured, and then build data maps and data conversion plans to accurately extract, transform, and load (ETL) the source data into the destination D365 system.
Successful hires in this position are individuals who are curious, organized, and motivated to deliver technology solutions to business problems, like collaborating with internal team members and external clients, and enjoy continuous learning as they keep pace with changes in complex technologies.
We seeks out talented, motivated people who like to see the results of their work, develop their own skills, and strive to grow the company. where employees are expected to work onsite in our office in order to help encourage teamwork and collaboration. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, company currently has a temporary telework policy in place for those who would prefer to work remotely at this time.
- Learn the intricacies of our core products.
- Engage with Cobalt’s customers to understand requirements and deliver solutions.
- Perform data migration from a variety of data sources into Microsoft D365 through T-SQL, Kingsway Soft, Scribe, SSIS packages, or other ETL tools and techniques.
- Maintain data maps and data conversion packages for common data conversion sources in source control (TFS).
- Act as the project manager for migration-only projects by developing, monitoring, and maintaining project timelines, budgets, and scope.
- Assist with administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Assist with non-position-specific tasks (sales demonstrations, training new employees, etc.)
- Promote Cobalt at industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 – 3 years of SQL programming experience
- 1 – 3 years of data migration experience
- An interest in technology project management and desire to learn new technologies
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Great personality (patient, upbeat, friendly, and professional)
- Experience with Microsoft’s Power Platform
- Experience with SSIS packages
- Experience with data analysis and BI reporting
- Prior positions working with associations or certification boards
- Experience presenting technical content in-person