WaferWire is looking for Programmer Writer 2 for a client in Redmond, WA
Role: Programmer Writer 2
Join us and help define the future of how engineers, programmers, and subject matter experts will build sophisticated AI for autonomous systems. We are searching for a Programmer/Writer to help us document features.
Need someone who can continually take responsibility for documentation production. We continually release feature. Every week there is a continual opportunity to release something new. Releases come in waves – but there is also basic maintenance work to be done
Team continues to expand its efforts in artificial intelligence with a focus on building an Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge. The Technology and Research (T&R) division is chartered with ensuring that Microsoft remains at the forefront of AI technologies.
We are applying our best AI research, engineering and design capabilities to resolve challenging, real-world customer problems. While there has been a lot of progress in the areas of languages and perception in the field of artificial intelligence, we are only starting to scratch the surface in other areas like autonomous systems (drones, robots, etc.).
Our vision is to lead the autonomous systems tidal wave, empowering intelligence within drones, robots, industrial control systems, and more. Our cloud-based solution, Project Bonsai, enables users to take advantage of machine teaching and reinforcement learning to solve autonomous systems problems. If you are looking to join a team that is on the cutting edge of AI and in a quickly growing market segment with the potential to be the next billion-dollar business, this may be the opportunity you’re looking for
- Learn about autonomous systems, simulation, reinforcement learning, and machine teaching.
- Create a range of content including how-to topics, CLI reference pages, language references, troubleshooting guides, and solution cookbooks.
- Work closely with Engineering, PM, Customer Success, Partnership, Marketing and others to create content for new feature releases and updates to existing features.
- Regular maintenance and refinement of content based on customer feedback and testing.
Great to have
- Solid writing skills (be prepared to provide at least one sample of previous work for evaluation).
- Experience working with Markdown, git, and GitHub as a content management system.
- Experience writing for a highly technical audience (for example, Data Engineers or Software Developers).
- The ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies.
- A drive for results and the ability to work collaboratively.
- An interest in accessibility and a desire to create content that creates the best outcomes for customers.
- Experience with publishing and engineering workflows on docs.microsoft.com.
- Experience writing to a style guide and content guidelines.
A background where they have documented a database or programming language will be best for this role.
Degrees or certifications required- Nice to have degree in Computer Science or applicable experience.