WaferWire is looking for Site Reliability Engineer for a client in San Francisco, CA
Role: Site Reliability Engineer
Looking for disciplined Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to develop and own enterprise operations site reliability. We are building a team and looking for someone who is proactive, collaborative, thinks clearly under pressure, systematic and automation focused. The ideal candidate has software development experience and has built automation systems to anticipate, detect and adapt to system issues and events.
The SRE is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and reporting of enterprise-wide information systems and related infrastructure; ensuring that any anticipated or detected issues that may impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of systems and resources are addressed and promptly resolved.
What you will do as a Site Reliability Engineer:
- Responsible for developing proactive monitoring, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and upgrades of servers, network infrastructure, base software services, power distribution, environmental systems for the distributed internal network as well as monitoring of connectivity to 3rd party vendors, partners and subsidiaries.
- Single point for technical issues that require advanced skill, knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for identification, development of automation and self-healing systems for triage, rapid recovery and service restoration.
- Responsible for critical business data transfers end to end from development to monitoring.
- Participates in disaster recovery, business continuity test by performing documented recovery procedures and troubleshooting issues that may be encountered.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Security Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Three to five years' operations experience, C# software development, system administration, including demonstrated knowledge or supporting or developing enterprise applications.
- Desires expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server software, Terminal Services, Citrix, Exchange, Active Directory, SharePoint, IIS and other industry standard server platform services.
- Desires experience with Linux in an enterprise environment.
- Desires knowledge in Layer 2/3 Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Appliances including transport WAN/Frame Relay/MPLS, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP etc.
- Three years’ experience in software development (C#, Java, Python etc.) and recent experience with Cloud (AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Azure)
- Desires in Application, System and Synthetic system monitoring systems (SolarWinds, NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, ELK. etc.)
- Extraordinary communication and documentation skills.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.