WaferWire is looking for Librarian and Studio Manager/Product Designer 1 for a client in Redmond, WA
Role: Librarian and Studio Manager/Product Designer 1
Part time vendor position
30% Studio Manager
Librarian & Studio Manager for Design Windows + Devices Design Studio
Our Design Devices Design Studio is looking for a Librarian & Studio Manager. We are looking for a talented Librarian and Studio Manager with strong design acumen and a hands-on attitude. You will split your time between studio administration and managing our studio's physical materials library.
Materials & Samples Librarian
• Help design and implement physical archiving systems including space, tools, and management
• Manage off-site archive space, access, tools, etc. in collaboration with our offsite storage partner
• Convert physical to digital formats where applicable
• Manage flows of assets from studio to offsite archive. Maintain visibility of archived assets and aid in retrieval
• Manage incoming parts/models/color samples/materials – catalog, sort, store, help designers with access
• Manage the inspirational samples, reference books, and vendor material catalogs and annual style guides – catalog, sort, store, help designers with access
• POR color/material/finish sample management
• Maintain snapshots of the gallery and model POR – Help manage make-up of the gallery to reflect product plans and futures
• Capturing all the released versions of our products, including manuals, packaging, retail/non-retail or commercial/consumer units, language variants, etc.
• Librarian conducts measurements and records/archives data associated with samples received.
• Build a digital master library and catalog information across sites and samples.
• Help manage our studio desk hoteling system (compliance, reservations, coordinating with janitorial staff)
• Help keep studio ship-shape by ensuring project spaces represent the team's ongoing work
• Contribute to our studio culture (if and when possible help with studio events such as video shoots, product reviews)
Qualifications for a candidate:
• Emphasis on product identification and library management systems (implementing and managing archive and library content)
• Ability to assess archiving and support needs and develop effective solutions from the ground up
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously over long periods of time, prioritize and reprioritize projects in response to changing needs of the studio
• Ability to research background information when not provided, for archived materials
This position will be assisting designers and not designing anything.