WaferWire is looking for an Programmer Writer for one of our clients in Redmond, WA
Role: Programmer Writer
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience creating content for developers
- Ability to develop code samples and sample applications for developer documentation
- Ability to read and write code in .NET languages
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Ability to ask the right questions to make sure the content answers all questions
- Ability to test the content to make sure it’s complete and accurate.
Researches, develops and writes documentation components for a software developer audience. Completed documentation components must demonstrate an understanding of programming documentation principles and development, describe complex state-of-the-art software architectures, and describe how to develop software applications using the Software Developer Kits/Device Driver Kits, APIs, or developer tools being documented. Derives documentation from project source code as part of this process. Works with more complex technologies and a wider array of technologies. May develop code samples and sample applications for developer documentation. Oversees a complex documentation project. Skills: 5 plus years work related experience required. Outstanding technical writing skills are required. The ability to read or write one or more high-level programming languages is required. Must have the ability to develop code samples and applications. Specific knowledge of, and interest in, several major technologies required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. Work related experience may substitute for degree.